Monday, April 27, 2020

I stepped off a plane, and into the French lockdown

Hello everyone my name is Maria Teresa!

Okay where to start? For me my quarantine started on 22 March. I'm with my parents in Vannes (Brittany)... I was supposed to be with my older sister but things didn’t go as planned and yes I was really upset.... I was traveling before the quarantine and I had so many plans for when I was going to come back and all that was ruined because of the corona. 

So I came back to France on 21 March from a holiday in Australia and New Zealand, and I was supposed to pass the weekend in Paris with a friend and after the weekend go with my older sister near Lyon. I was going to be there for a couple of days and then comeback to Brittany to see some friends and my family before to heading to the island where I work in a restaurant... But yes all this never happened by my bad luck... So instead of spending a nice weekend in Paris, and good moments with my old sister and my nieces I followed the instructions to go straight to Brittany with my parents for the quarantine... 

At the beginning of the quarantine I took it very bad... I was used to go out every day going to do some hikes and spend my time visiting and walking, seeing new places and I arrived in France to be locked in a small apartment. I wasn't feeling really good... I was sad but trying to see how this is going to be and trying to stay positive. But I was also happy because I could sleep and have a big rest after traveling for more than 45h without to have a good sleep... So I took 4 days for the jetlag… Then I realized since I left France to travel I had lost 4kg so I was a little upset because I had made plans to come back and still doing some sport and work… hahaha! But I do not have work so I was like “no you don't lose all this weight to have it back in one week.” So I took this like a positive thing and decided to do some exercise at home.. 


I was happy because I didn't have any aches in my legs thanks to the hiking but the abs weren’t very ready for this, so I was trying to not give up... Since then I’m still doing sport and I'm not gaining kilos so I'm happy for this... I'm not a girl who usually does sport, but we don't have anything else to do and I didn't expect to say this one day but it feels good to do it… 

What else am I doing since the quarantine???... I'm reading more than before, still not finished the book I've been reading, but almost! Watching so many movies and serials. Calling my family in Mexico every Sunday has been was so cool! Since 2006 we haven’t really had the time to call each other all together and have good conversations! Calling and staying hours with my friends on the phone! Anyway, I can't do a lot because I had a lot of my things in my sister’s house so well... I sleep a lot, do sport, clean the house.... 

But I can't wait for all this to finish... I need to go out, I need to work to see my friends... But am trying to be positive! I hope you guys have a nice and fun quarantine and if you have a garden you can feel privileged for that! Wish you the best and stay home, stay safe!

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine what it must have felt like going from a long holiday wandering around Australia and New Zealand, to all of the sudden being stuck in a small apartment!
    Bravo for the will-power to get into those workouts!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts and strike up a friendly dialogue!

Aussie Tales of the "Rona" in 2020!

G'day from Australia! We live in Port Macquarie, New South Wales and just over a year ago took over a Bed & Breakfast only 200m ...